“The acoustic rocker vs the glam rocker, Conway vs California, The guy next door vs the guy liner… It comes down to Kris and Adam”, says Ryan Seacrest. Introduction of the American Idol Judges. “Get on your feet for Kris Allen and Adam Lambert”, as the Top 2 Idol finalists take the stage. Kris Allen won the coin toss and chose Adam Lambert to sing first. Three songs will be performed tonight. Adam Lambert and Kris Allen will each have 3 phone numbers and 1 text number for tonight’s votes. 4 hours to vote tonight!!!
List of songs for Adam Lambert and Kris Allen:
- Adam Lambert - Personal Choice - “Mad World” by Tears for Fears
- Kris Allen - Personal Choice - “Ain’t No Sunshine” by Bill Withers
- Adam Lambert - Simon Fuller’s Choice - “A Change is Gonna Come” by Patti LaBelle and Sam Cooke
- Kris Allen - Simon Fuller’s Choice - “What’s Goin’ On” by Marvin Gaye
- Adam Lambert - Winner’s Song - “No Boundaries”
- Kris Allen - Winner’s Song - “No Boundaries”
Adam Lambert is singing "Mad World". Very smooth and beautifully performed. Randy Jackson says “This is it! Right now that performance, I love the long coat, I’m going to give you an A+ - A!”. Kara DioGuardi says Adam “changed up the game for everyone else”. Paula Abdul is of course “unbelievably proud, long journey, bask in it, a great song for you, still haunting, I thought you did a really good job”. Simon Cowell says he always thought Mad World was his best performance but thought Adam Lambert’s coat was a bit too theatrical. American Idol Phone Numbers: To VOTE for Adam Lambert, dial 1-866-IDOLS-01 or 03 or 05. (Text 5701)
Kris Allen is singing "Ain’t No Sunshine" on the piano. Also very smooth. Randy Jackson says “I think me personally.., that was one of your best performances on the stage, yes, yes, yes, yes”. Kara says “you have a way of creating an intimate bond with your audience, where everyone feels like you’re singing to us”. Paula says Kris “Allenizes” his performances. Umm, ok? Simon Cowell says he takes back what he’s said about Kris Allen in the past, and loved the performance “I wasn’t sure if a had made the right choice last week, I absolutely take that all back after that performance”. Simon Cowell says that Kris Allen has won Round 1 tonight. American Idol Phone Numbers: To VOTE for Kris Allen, dial 1-866-IDOLS-02 or 04 or 06. (Text 5704)
Adam Lambert is singing "A Change Is Gonna Come". Adam did a quick change and is wearing a light grey suit and looking good. The song performance was spectacular! Randy Jackson says “What you did right there, you can sing your face off and that was unbelievable”. Kara says the it was the best performance Adam has done, “combination of the high notes and low notes, using both sides of yourself”. Paula says Adam will be “iconic” and stands up to say “the best, the best, the best performance”. Simon Cowell says Adam Lambert is “100% back in the game…congratulations”. Great job Adam!
Kris Allen is up with "What’s Goin On" by Marvin Gaye, sitting on a stool playing guitar. Randy Jackson says “we’ve got ourselves a real live duel going on…just a little light for me man, ya know?” Kara says she’s glad Simon picked a “social conscience song, make them feel and make them change”. Paula says Kris “tore that song up and made Marvin Gaye proud”. Simon says Kris’ performance was like “three friends in their bedroom singing”.., adding Kris did not “grab hold of the song and too laid back for a night like this”. Uh Oh Kris! Simon Cowell says Adam Lambert won Round 2 “1 million percent for Adam”.
Adam Lambert is singing the Winner’s Coronation Song "No Boundaries". WOW, WOW!!! Randy Jackson says “I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, you can sing anything.., you can sing the phone book, but not one of my performances, a bit pitchy for me in some spots”. Kara says she’s proud of Adam’s performance of the song she co-wrote. Paula says she’ll “be a fan forever, front line”. Simon Cowell says “you have been one of the best, original contestants on the show... I genuinely believe we have found a worldwide star in you”. Fabulous, spectacular performance by Adam Lambert tonight!
Kris Allen is now singing the Winner’s Coronation Song "No Boundaries". Kris is doing a great job, although sometimes appearing to strain to hit the higher notes. Randy Jackson says the song was a little too high for Kris. Kara DioGuardi says “I don’t want you to be judged on that song…you’ve been incredible to watch week after week…I hope people vote on the season”. Paula says “You should take it in…amazing job…I wish you the best of luck”. Simon Cowell says “I think the first song was your highlight…watching you tonight has been incredible…you have thoroughly deserved to be standing on this stage tonight, congratulations.”
Carrie Underwood closes the show with “Home Sweet Home” AKA “the boot song”.
Kris Allen and Adam Lambert walk down the stairs onto the stage. Audience going wild. Both are “nervous and excited”. Clips of LIVE broadcasts in San Diego (hosted by Carly Smithson) and Arkansas (hosted by Michaela Gordon) of fans waiting to hear who wins the American Idol crown tonight.
The Top 13 are singing “So What” by Pink. All the contestants are wearing white outfits, looking good. Group performances usually suck, and this is one isn’t much different. Pitchy in places, and finally over. Whew. (Commercial break)
David Cook is singing “Permanent“, the tribute song to his brother Adam who died recently from brain cancer. 100% of proceeds go to David’s charity “ABC Square”. David Cook’s single will go on sale immediately following the show tonight, so be sure to download it on iTunes! David Cook’s performance is spectacular, a blockbuster if there ever was one! The emotional performance, with David having tears in his eyes, was phenomenal. “It’s a tough song” says David to Ryan.
Ryan Seacrest is handing out the “Golden award” trophy for the worst Idol contestant wannabe from Season 8. Ugh…, the sound of these voices is painful. The winner is…. Nick Mitchell who attempted to sing “And I Am Telling You” during auditions. Oh No, Nick is now singing I’m Not Going AGAIN!!! Please No!!! Whew, that’s finally over.
Lil Rounds and Queen Latifah DUET Performance - “Cue The Rain” - Latifah doesn’t appear to really be singing and Lil Rounds is all over the place.
Video clip of “Journey of Kris Allen” on American Idol Season 8.
Kris Allen and Keith Urban duet “Kiss A Girl” performance. Kris and Keith are playing guitar, uptempo, sounding really good. Good one.
The Top 13 Idol girls start singing “Glamorous” by Fergie, then bring Fergie out to sing “Big Girls Don’t Cry”. Megan Joy and Jasmine Murray sucked big time!
The Black Eyed Peas are singing “Boom Boom Pow” with lots of censoring. Idol cuts out momentarily to show just the show logo and cuts off the sound during the ahem… questionable lyrics.
More freak awards. It’s Katrina the “Bikini Girl”. She’s singing too, or at least trying to, wearing a bikini of course. Kara DioGuardi helps her on stage with the singing, and opens her black dress to reveal a black bikini!!! OMG!
Allison Iraheta and Cyndi Lauper duet performance “Time After Time”. Cyndi’s playing the autoharp. Not bad at all.
Danny Gokey sings “Hello” and then the duet medley performance with Lionel Richie of some of Lionel’s hits. Very good performance.
The “Journey of Adam Lambert” on American Idol clips.
Adam Lambert sings “Beth” then the duet performance rocking with KISS singing “Rock-n-Roll All Night”. The Nokia Theatre Idol House is Rockin Tonight! Adam’s wearing a weird outfit with wings, and KISS (and Adam) are wearing those hideously high heeled platform shoes KISS is known for. Too funny. Awesome duet performance!
Carlos Santana, playing guitar to “Black Magic Woman” and “Smooth” with the Top 13 Idol performers. Santana is simply spectacular!
Final Ford Video “I Will Remember You” with Adam Lambert and Kris Allen. David Cook surprises Kris Allen and Adam Lambert with keys to a brand new Ford Fusion.
Steve Martin playing banjo as Michael Sarver and Megan Joy destroy their duet song performance “Pretty Flowers” written by Steve Martin. Michael and Megan both sounded out of breath throughout the entire song, pitchy all over the place. Just BAD.
The Top Idol guys sing Rod Stewart’s “If You Think I’m Sexy”. Rod Stewart takes the stage to sing “Maggie“. Rod is an icon, but he doesn’t sound good tonight, verrrry verrrry pitchy. How old is Rod Stewart anyway? I love ya Rod, but yikes……not a good performance.
Oh Lord, one more Golden Award for the Idol wannabe’s. Ouch. Tatiana Del Toro wins and runs onto the stage to get her award, and starts singing while Ryan says “we have to take a break” and runs around the stage to avoid “security”. Planned….
Adam Lambert and Kris Allen are singing “We Are The Champions” with Queen! Surprise Guest Performance is QUEEN!!! Yes! Yes! Yes! AWESOME PERFORMANCE!!! Definitely worth downloading on iTunes after the show! AWESOME!!! Great harmony!
THIS IS IT!!! The American Idol Finale 2009 Results Are In from last night’s performance. Lights are dimmed and here we go….
The Winner Of American Idol 2009 is……………………KRIS ALLEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Major Upset Shocker for Adam Lambert fans! I bet Simon Cowell is shocked!!! Kris says “Adam deserves this”. Kris Allen is awarded the winner’s trophy. Kris says “Oh My God, I don’t even know, thank you so much”.
Kris Allen sings the Coronation Song “No Boundaries”. Kris Allen Wins American Idol 2009!!! The Confetti falls onto the Idol stage, everyone’s hugging and clapping.
What do you think? Kris Allen won American Idol Season 8! Did America get it right? Are you happy? Did you want Adam Lambert to win American Idol? Share your thoughts in the comments!
- The night began with the entire Top 13 returning to sing "So What" by Pink.
- Then-Reigning Idol champion David Cook returned to perform his fourth official single, entitled "Permanent".
- Awards entitled the "Golden Idols" were given out for Outstanding male, which was given to Nick Mitchell, also known as Norman Gentle, for Best Attitude, which was given to Katrina Darrell.
- Seventh-place finalist Lil Rounds and Queen Latifah performed her newly released single "Cue the Rain".
- Sixth-place finalist Anoop Desai and eleventh-place finalist Alexis Grace performed "I'm Yours," with Jason Mraz.
- Kris Allen and Keith Urban performed "Kiss a Girl".
- Finalists Jasmine Murray, Megan Joy, Allison Iraheta, Alexis Grace and Lil Rounds performed Glamorous and Big Girls Don't Cry with Fergie. The Black Eyed Peas performed Boom Boom Pow immediately afterwards. During the performance, an attempt at censorship was made by Fox, when the sound was muted and the screen switched to the floor logo.
- Kara DioGuardi and Katrina Darrell performed Vision of Love together.
- Fourth-place finalist Allison Iraheta performed "Time After Time" with Cyndi Lauper.
- Ryan Seacrest interviewed both Kris Allen and Adam Lambert's families.
- Third-place finalist Danny Gokey performed "Hello" and "All Night Long (All Night)" with Lionel Richie.
- Adam Lambert performed "Beth" and then "Detroit Rock City" and "Rock and Roll All Nite" with KISS.
- The Top 13 performed "Black Magic Woman" and "Smooth" with Carlos Santana.
- After a short Ford music video featuring Lambert and Allen, they were each presented 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrids by David Cook.
- Ninth and tenth-place finalists Megan Joy and Michael Sarver performed "Pretty Flowers" with Steve Martin on banjo, who wrote the song.
- The Eight males of the Top 13 performed "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" and then "Maggie" with Rod Stewart.
- Both Kris Allen and Adam Lambert performed "We Are the Champions" with Queen.
- Kris Allen is announced to be the new American Idol and sings the Coronation Song "No Boundaries"
|Kris Allen · Adam Lambert · Danny Gokey · Allison Iraheta · Matt Giraud · Anoop Desai · Lil Rounds · Scott MacIntyre · Megan Joy · Michael Sarver · Alexis Grace · Jorge Núñez · Jasmine Murray|